Friday, October 21, 2011

Midterms Complete!

My first midterms are officially over, and I am proud to say that I aced them! My Lab Exam for business was definitely my hardest, but camping out in the computer lab last Friday night with my friends to study really paid off- we all did well on the exam. Something that was a challenge for me was the fact that the exam was a race for time. I am normally a slow test-taker, and there was absolutely no time to waste on this exam. But, I overcame that challenge and finished the entire thing. I’m excited to say that I am on the right track to get into the Kelley School of Business.

As the year goes on, I am becoming more acclimated to my work environment. I am not only working but having fun as well. I work with amazing people! When I worked at the career fair this fall with the rest of my co-workers, they encouraged me to not only do my job, but also to go introduce myself to employers to get my foot in the door. This really paid off because one of the companies, C.H. Robinson, selected me for one of their on-campus interviews! I was very surprised, because most companies gear towards juniors and seniors, and I am only a freshman. The position I am interested in is a Transportation Sales Representative, as a summer internship. This internship would allow me to work in Chicago this upcoming summer, and experience firsthand what it is like to work in the field of sales for a huge company. I would enjoy this so much, because it would allow me to determine possibly if that is the direction I want to take within the Kelley School of Business, or if maybe sales is not for me.

After preparing by doing mock interviews with some of my co-workers, I interviewed with the company yesterday, and I feel pretty confident about it. I will find out within three weeks if I was selected for the position or not. In the meantime, I am taking a short trip to New York City, so I will check back in two weeks! (:

Posted by Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment