Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Application Submitted

I have submitted my application for the Kelley School of Business, and I am working hard to keep my grades up this semester in order to get admitted! I am confident that the business school will be a good fit for me, so if I am admitted I am excited to pursue a degree from Kelley!

As the school year is coming to a close, I am getting ready for my internship this summer. Interning for my first time should be a fun experience. It makes me a bit anxious to think that I am not going to be living at home this summer, but in the back of my mind I have said all year that I don’t want to go home this summer. This is because I realize the importance of getting an early start with an internship my freshman year and making good use of my time. I will be able to travel home on the weekends, so I will have a good balance of being in Indianapolis and being at home.

One of my main goals this year has been to step out of my comfort zone in order to better myself. I have successfully done so in multiple situations, and they have turned out to be some of my best decisions. If I wouldn’t have stepped up and spoken to employers at the Fall Career Fair for my very first time with a confidence that was hardly representative of what I was actually feeling, I wouldn’t have gotten my internship, nor the experience I can now use to better myself. Scary situations are sometimes the best ones to face head-on and tackle, without letting yourself feel apprehensive. I may have been very nervous and hardly poised when speaking to employers as an inexperienced freshman last fall, but I put on a smile and did my best and now I have more experience than most people my age. When I attended the winter career fair, it felt a LOT easier to speak with employers, and I got a compliment from one of them, saying that I was very poised for a freshman. I will continue to step out of my comfort zone in order to become a better person and to gain experience- it has been a very worthwhile goal.

Posted by Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment